Thursday, January 31, 2013

Beauty Products I Want To Try Out This Year!

There are so many interesting beauty products out on the market and so many seem to claim to provide miraculous results. Not all live up to their claims, but some do, and a majority of people rave about them.^_^ However, not everyone gets the same results, and the only way to find out if these products will work for you is if you try them out yourself! There are quite a few that I'm really interested in testing out this year. Some of the products I'll be listing have been around for awhile, but some will be newer, more recently released products as well! :) So without any further ado, let's start!

1. Mane 'n Tail Shampoo and Conditioner


Technically, this shampoo and conditioner is meant for horses, but it can also be used safely on human hair, too. There are many positive reviews about Mane 'n Tail shampoo and conditioner that state that it makes hair thicker, softer, and shinier, and that it even promotes faster hair growth. While my hair is already thick, it's bit on the dry side and can sometimes look dull, so I'm hoping that it would help my hair look healthier. Also, I wouldn't mind if it can help me out a bit with hair growth as well, as I'd like my hair to be just a little bit longer. :)

2. Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream


Currently, I've been using Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 21. It's the first BB Cream I have ever tried and I really love how it feels so nice and light on my skin and how it seems to help some of my blemishes go away faster, but sometimes it just doesn't provide enough coverage for me and I land up having to use some concealer along with it. Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly supposedly provides more coverage than most bb creams, and that's what mainly is drawing me to this. I'm hoping that I won't have to use as much concealer with this during the times a small zit or two or three decide to spring up on my skin. Another plus I've heard about this is that this product doesn't have to oxidize, which I've noticed that Missha Perfect Cover has to do. Missha Perfect Cover has a gray-ish cast to it when it's first applied to the skin, and has to sit for a little while before it blends in. The only thing that seems to be a downside with Aqua Jelly is that it only comes in two shades, so it's kind of a gamble on whether or not either of the two shades would be a match with my skin.


3. Maybelline The Rocket Volum'Express Mascara



I really really hate most mascaras that I've tried. My lashes are a decent length, not too short, not too long, but they sure lack in volume. Almost every mascara I've tried seems to just either clump my lashes together our just make them look longer and stringier than they really are, and that's just not a good look. There is SO much hype over Mabelline's new Rocket mascara though, with many people saying how much thicker their lashes look after using it and how it doesn't clump at all. It sounds like it has exactly what I need in a mascara, so I'm really looking forward to picking up a tube and seeing if it really does deliver. Hopefully I won't be left disappointed!


4. Henna Hair Dye


I've been dying my hair burgundy since I turned 14 using Revlon's Colorstay hair dye, and really, I believe that that's really been taking a toll on my hair's condition. Henna hair dye is supposedly much less damaging to hair and it apparently can help make your hair healthier and stronger since it's all natural, though there are some brands of henna dye that contain metallic compounds that aren't so good for the hair, so it's important to find one that doesn't have those. It also doesn't become brassy as the color fades out, too. I really don't want to give up coloring my hair, so I figured this may be a better alternative to coloring it without abusing my hair to oblivion. I still need to find exactly which brand I should go with, though.

5. Snail Street Snail Cream


It's weird, a cream with the base ingredient of snail excretions, but it's said to help prevent and reduce wrinkles, lighten and fade acne scars, evens over all skin tone, and leaves your skin looking radiant! It just sounds so interesting and there seems to be a lot of benefits from using it, so I'm really curious about it and want to try it out! ^.^

6. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm


The packaging for these look so cute and colorful, and the idea of it being tinted and nourishing for the lips really appeals to me. I'm kind of a sucker for tinted balms and lip glosses, since I really don't like wearing bold colors on my lips and prefer just a soft, subtle hint of color. I'm looking forward to picking up a couple of these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment