Monday, January 14, 2013

Snow Day!

I woke up this morning thinking that I heard it raining hard outside. I dragged myself out of bed and sluggishly walked over to the window, and to my surprise, it was snowing! I became so excited that I ran out to the porch and stuck my hand out to confirm whether it was really real or not. xD I was in disbelief, because I've never ever lived in an area where it snowed before, so seeing it just seemed so surreal! 

Throughout the day, I kept checking outside to see if the snow was letting up or not, and each time I looked, the trees and the grass became more and more covered under a sheet of white. The snow flakes from the sky kept falling toward the ground more rapidly and in larger amounts. I was counting down the minutes waiting for my husband to come home from work so we could play outside together. ^_^

Luckily for the both of us (since my dear hubby felt the same way I did about wanting to go outside), my hubby was let off of work early, and almost immediately as he walked through the door, we both started to put on our coats and mittens and head out the door! We were like little kids, running around, throwing snowballs at one another, and rolling around on the fresh snow~!  We then decided to try to make snowmen, something we've always wanted to do but never had done. We had tried to attempt making one once before, but the snow was too hard and just wouldn't stick together to form a ball. :( It turned out to be awful... This time around, however, was much more successful! It was incredible how easy it was to form a giant snowball with freshly fallen snow. ^.^ It made such a huge difference. :3 It took us about an hour or so to finish up building our snowmen, but we are both very pleased with how they turned out in the end. ^_^



My snowman, standing roughly around 3 feet tall

My husband's snowman. His is probably around 1/2 a foot. It's cute though!  I think it has lots of character!



After we finished up our snowmen, our faces were stinging from the cold, our clothes were soaked, and our noses were dripping, so with that, we figured we'd best head back inside. We took a quick bath and then right after, got cozy under the kotatsu! Let me tell you guys, those things are made for days like these! During the other days, it seems like our kotatsu tries to cook us alive, but coming in from the snow, it seems so comfortable underneath it that I can almost fall asleep huddled under it. x3 It's really the perfect way to end the day~!

No comments:

Post a Comment