Monday, August 6, 2012

Shopping and Exploring!

Last night, my husband and I decided to explore more off base~! It was the first time that it was just him and I went out on our own just for the mere enjoyment of it. ^_^ We first stopped off at a place called Co Co for dinner, which was recommended to us by a nice man who had overheard us talking about possible places to eat while my husband was purchasing a new phone (that means we were finally able to take pictures again!). He said it was really good over there, so we decided to go there and check it out for ourselves!

 It's a restaurant that serves nothing but curry, and it was conveniently located right outside of the train station! :D As I looked through their menu, I was so amazed by how many different ways you could prepare curry! I never thought to put things such as tonkatsu or shrimp or a chicken cutlet in it. There was even natto curry! I also thought it was pretty cool how they allow you to customize your own curry and add whatever it is you'd like to it. You're also allowed to select the level of spiciness and the amount of rice you'd like. I landed up ordering the cream croquette curry, which also had crab in it (and I went with absolutely no spice! I can't handle spicy foods very well....). Needless to say, it was just as delicious as it looked!




After we had finished eating, we hopped on the train over to Hamura and just explored some shops. We mainly bought a lot of food and snacks, since we kind of needed to stock up on some (we had almost nothing in our fridge and cabinets! TT_TT). I landed up picking up some melon pan (melon bread) out of curiosity on what it was like, since it's so often seen in anime. xD It tastes absolutely nothing like melon, but it's still sweet and the crust is sort of cookie-like. :) We also bought some onigiri among other things.


Everything we bought spread out on the table


On our way back to base, we ended up stopping at a store called Seiyu (which I now refer to as Junes. Persona 4, anyone?). If I had to relate it to something, I would say that it's similar to a Walmart, except with more interesting stuff (or maybe I just think that because everything was so foreign to me?). Either way, we somehow eventually landed up wandering into the toy/electronics section, where I found the latest Tamagotchi ID L Princess Spacy! I just had to pick it up! x3 (it was actually a lot cheaper than when I had bought my older Tamagotchi ID L! It's so expensive ordering the ID L online!).

Princess Spacy ID L

My Tamagotchi ID L and Princess Spacy ID L side by side


And that concluded our mini-trip! Expect more pictures and posts to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment