Saturday, August 4, 2012

I'm in Japan!

Okay, so I wasn't able to write any posts during our 10 hour trip from LA to Tokyo due to not having any access to the internet on the plane, but I'm glad I have the chance to blog now at least while waiting in a lobby to figure out our lodging issue that we're currently trying to figure out. It's kind of a hassle to be dealing with at the time being, as both my husband and I are extremely jet lagged and are super exhausted! I had underestimated just how bad jet lag can be, apparently. I kept falling in and out of sleep and am still trying to keep myself awake. =_= 

Aside from that, I really am glad to be here! Japan is absolutely gorgeous from what I've seen of it so far! I was really surprised to see how clean everything is, including the streets and highways! I'm not used to seeing that at all. Also, interestingly enough, when I went to the bathroom here, I was so shocked (yet fascinated at the same time) over the toilets. >.>  I was faced with this as soon as I walked into one of the stalls:

(Not a picture of the actual toilet I used, but it pretty much looked like this)


I stood there looking at it in confusion for a while, wondering just how to use it. I eventually just went for it and hoped that I was doing my business the right way (sorry, sorry, too much information). I wish I had looked up instructions on how to use a toilet like this before arriving here, but I wasn't really expecting them to be so different from the ones back at home in America. xD The thought of that hadn't even crossed my mind. ._. Anyways, I decided to google instructions on how to use a Japanese toilet just now, and I'm happy to find out that I was using it correctly!


Here's how you're supposed to use it, in case any of you reading this are curious:




I haven't been here for that long and I'm already learning new things! ^_^ How exciting! Lols! Can't wait to see what other things I find out about. :3


No comments:

Post a Comment