Friday, August 10, 2012

My Japanese Is Getting Better!

I'm not a pro at it yet, but I'm starting to understand the language more and more! <3 It's so much fun and I just want to keep learning every time I figure out a new phrase or how to use certain words properly... I get that feeling that I've achieved something big and it just feels great! Hopefully if I keep at my studying and observing my surroundings, I'll be able to pick up Japanese fast! So far, I've almost mastered the hiragana symbols and how to use them (I'm still learning new things about it, though), and now I'm slowly easing my way into memorizing katakana.

Also, I've learned a handful of useful and simple phrases recently! I'll list them here (in romanji) with the translations next to the phrases, so anyone who's interested can learn a bit of Japanese, too!

1. Keisatsu o yonde kudasai - please call the police!

2. Isha o yonde kudasai - please call a doctor!

3.Toire wa doko desu ka - Where is the bathroom?

4. Ikura desu ka - How much does this cost?

5. Onaka ga suita - I'm hungry

6. Nanika tabetai desu ka - What do you want to eat?

7.  (Insert name of food) ga tabetai desu - I want to eat _______

8. Nanimo tabetakunai desu - I don't want to eat anything

9. Eigo ga wakarimasu ka - Do you understand English

10. O namae wa nan desu ka - What's your name?



I've also learned some "counter words" (words used to specify the amount of certain things). These sites have actually helped me out a lot and has made everything so much less confusing (I was becoming so overwhelmed when trying to figure out the use of them through Rosetta Stone by itself), so check them out! :D


http://japanese.about.com/od/Grammar/a/Counters.htm
http://www.trussel.com/jcount.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_counter_word



Annnnd that's about it so far! ^_^; I still have a long way to go, but I'm not going to give up! :) Wish me luck everyone!


2 comments:

  1. What a cute blog you have here~ ^^ Good luck with learning Japanese!

    ReplyDelete