Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ouch!

So I got into my first bike accident today. I was trying to ride down the big hill from my place down to the park my husband and I have been frequenting ever since I've learned to ride a bike. There's this pretty decent sized bike path that's about 8 miles long! ^.^ Anyways, as I was riding down the hill, I crashed into a pole, and I kind of flew from my bike onto the cement. :( I scraped up my left hand and elbow pretty badly and also, I can barely use my arms. I think I may have hit a nerve in my elbows, mainly on my right side, because I really can't lift up my arm up to my mouth. It made eating dinner a little difficult. :P It's even a bit hard for me to type right now. :(  I forgot how badly it can hurt to get injured like this. I haven't experienced this sort of pain since I was a kid! It makes me remember when I first fell off my scooter. I hit my elbow so bad that my arm was super swollen for days. >.< Hopefully this time around it won't be that bad.

I can't wait to heal up. I'm kind of disappointed we weren't able to ride our bikes today like we planned. :( I also hope that my scrapes don't scar. D: I think that's actually my biggest concern over anything, oddly enough. Looks like neosporin is going to be my best friend for awhile... -_- Anyways, time to give my arms a break...er.... rest. It would be good for me to try to speed up my healing process as quickly as possible, for my sake, and for my poor hubby. He's been feeling pretty bad about the whole incident and has been really attentive to me because he feels that somehow this was all inadvertently his fault, even though I've told him it isn't at all. :( Still, in a way I feel lucky that he cares about my well-being so much! He really is such a sweetheart! <3 If anything, that makes me feel loads better already! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment