Saturday, July 28, 2012

I Hate Packing...

We finally have started packing our bags for Japan today. We're just a few days or so away from leaving now! I can't believe how much work still needs to be done. We still have so much stuff to put in to boxes and organize. O.O We also still have to sell the furniture that we aren't taking with us and donate our clothes that we don't use anymore to the Goodwill and Battered Women's Shelter. It's kind of stressful for both my husband and I thinking about all of the things we need to do still... You would think that we both would be used to it since we both have moved quite a few times in our lives, but no. Packing never does seem to get any easier or less tiring no matter how many times you've done it before.

It's not like we have to pack everything on our own, though. On the 1st, the movers will be here and will be helping us out with that. That will definitely make things a lot easier on us, but at the same time, I can't help but feel a little paranoid over having them handling our stuff. >.> My main concern is having one of them steal something valuable from us. Apparently, it isn't an uncommon occurrence... Kind of crazy that people who are supposed to be professional and are being hired to help would do that, right?  I'm really hoping that  doesn't happen and that I'm just worrying too much like I always do. It's amazing that my blood pressure isn't ungodly high and my skin isn't breaking out like mad what with my constant worrying... -_-

The good thing about packing though is that it gives you a chance to get rid of a bunch of junk that you didn't even realize you were storing! There was so much that we landed up throwing away! If anything, that will help lighten our load significantly! ^.^ Also, I'm a bit proud of myself for being able to squeeze 14 different outfits, 4 pairs of pajamas, 3 pairs of shoes, all my makeup, my hair products and styling tools, accessories, razors, perfume, and skin care products all into one luggage bag! The best part is that it's all under the weight limit, too! <3 My bag weighs in at 37 pounds~! I know it may not seem all that exciting, but I'll have to be living off of the stuff only in that bag for about a month or more as soon as the movers come, since everything else will be shipped to our new address and most likely won't arrive there for quite some time.

 I would never have thought it would take so long just for us to get our belongings over there. Even our pets will have to be kept somewhere for a few weeks before they'll be at home with us... I really hate that they won't be with us for such a long time. :(  I hope that wherever they land up during that period of time, that they'll be well taken care of.... Ugh.... There I go with the worrying again. I can't seem to just relax because there's just so much going on. I can't wait until all of this is done with already!

No comments:

Post a Comment