Monday, July 30, 2012

I'm Just Going To Rant!


I'm just going to say it.... I'm sick, sick, sick, sick, SICK of seeing women of any sort barely clothed everywhere I look. -_- Whether it's on tv, online, a magazine, a movie, or even a freaking anime (I'm sure you all catch my drift), I'm tired of it. I definitely don't enjoy seeing other women's butts and boobs in my face all the time. It may seem like I'm overreacting, but seriously, why is it almost always women who are being put out there like this and constantly being objectified (also, why are there so many women who are willing to be objectified? I don't quite understand that...)? I mean,  it's so easy to find provocative pictures of women even when you aren't looking for it, but you seldom ever see provocative pictures of men. Heck, even when I try to look for yaoi/shounen-ai wallpapers (mmhmm... I've been a fan of yaoi and shounen ai for awhile), there isn't much selection at all, and of course, I always spot a bunch of pictures of naked/half naked anime girls in there.  -_-

I'm not saying that there should be penises and naked men about everywhere or anything like that, but it sucks and it's kind of unfair that this is the way things are; so one-sided and over the top. Of course, that's life for you, right? Even so, I just wish that things were different, or at the very least toned down a bit. Honestly, I don't believe it's healthy at all for this type of thing to be so common and so open in the public eye. It really can have a negative effect on both men and women. Think about it, there's lots of women out there who try to compare themselves to these over-sexualized ladies and feel bad when they realize they may never be like them. As for men, I feel that this is partly the reason why some men don't respect women or view them as fellow human beings. It doesn't just stop there, either. This can even have a negative impact on children as well. Children are very impressionable, as most people know, and often will imitate the things they see others do around them or what they see on tv. Now, would any of you want your daughter to try to "be sexy" and emulate these women? Would you want your sons to turn out like the men who think women are objects and treat them as such? I don't think so.

What I'm trying to say is, we need to bring some decency and modesty back into our world. I don't know if writing this will ever change anything or reach anyone, in fact, I doubt it will. Still just felt the need to get this off my chest. Now, I have nothing further to say on this matter. I've said my piece, and that's all there is to it. Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment