Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon



I'm so so SO happy that volumes one and two of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon had come in yesterday! As soon as they came in, I ripped open the box right away and I couldn't help but admire the cover art on each one. It's just so pretty! Lols! xD I have to say that I think the second volume's cover is my favorite of the two, which is odd for me since usually I would choose whatever has pink on it over anything else. :P But I really love how elegant Mercury looks on there and I think the water in the background looks, too.

 I haven't read the manga before, so I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. So far I've finished reading the first one, and it started off pretty similar to the anime at first, and then it became way different! Some of the encounters that  Usagi had when meeting some of the other sailor senshi for the first time had been altered quite a bit in the anime. Also, Usagi doesn't appear to be nearly as cowardly or as much of a crybaby in the manga. She seems to be a bit more brave and more willing to investigate things, and she also doesn't seem to refuse her role as leader like she does in the anime. 

The manga also goes along a whole lot faster compared to the anime. There aren't so many in-between chapters or fillers and all of the sailor scouts have all pretty much been assembled aside from Sailor Venus in the first volume. Two of Queen Beryl's henchmen have also pretty much been killed off already, and don't have much of a story behind them, nor were they really given much personality.. It is kind of a fresh new take for me on the series. ^_^ I really enjoy it. :D It's fun spotting all of the differences! I can't wait to read the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment