Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mairunovich




Today, I've come across this manga called Mairunovich online! There's only eight chapters of it out so far, but it's good and I'm hooked on it! It's about a sixteen year old girl named Mairu. Her peers constantly make fun of her because she has a cute name and her appearance doesn't match it. The guys in her school either laugh at her, are repulsed by her, or just ignore her completely. Everyone at her school even call her "Poisonous Mushroom". Eventually, she decides that she wants to change and become pretty. With the help of her two friends, she achieves her goal! ^_^


The story isn't very original, and it in some way it reminds me a bit of Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (AKA The Wallflower), but I still love stories like this. I find that I could really relate to characters like Mairu. Back in middle school, guys were the exact same way toward me, and even used to dare each other to hit on me and then laugh about it. They also used to throw markers, erasers, and balls of paper at me during class and made fun of whatever I said. I was called ugly and a freak. I wanted to become pretty, too. I know there are things that are much more important than beauty, but still... I was tired of being bullied and made fun of all the time because of the way I looked, and I wanted it to stop. Because of that, I could really feel for Mairu and landed up cheering for her the entire time I was reading! xD

If you're interested in checking it out,  you can read it here! It's actually a really funny read, and very cute, too. I've already recommended it to a couple of my friends, and they seem to really like it a lot, too! :3 I hope that this manga gets translated and published out here, eventually. I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Lols!

No comments:

Post a Comment