Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Aion

I'm not really all that into MMOs due to the fact that I really do not like playing games that will force me to communicate with other people, but my older brother had talked me into playing Aion again. At first, I was reluctant to start playing again, but he informed me that you don't have to pay for it anymore! :D Annnd now you can get a house and decorate it, too! Those were good enough reasons to get me back in. xD I decided I would start from the very beginning, and this time I'm an Asmodian (I was an Elyos before). I made two characters: a priest and a warrior. I'm using the warrior (Izanami no Mikoto) as my main. I turned her into a gladiator because... well... I LOVE having brute strength. xD There's something totally cool about carrying around a sword (well, I chose a great sword, but there are other weapons to choose from, too) and hacking and slashing the heck out of your enemies. It's great! I think I like the warrior class better than being a spirit master (the class I was when I originally started playing Aion). The ability to summon spirits was pretty awesome and all, as well as being able to use magic, but I prefer just running up and killing things. Keep it simple, you know?

Having a priest is nice too, in a way. I just don't like how they don't have many offensive skills. Ume-Chan (my priest) has mainly healing skills and buffs and only one offensive spell and one attack skill so far. I suppose that's to be expected though. It is nice that I can heal whenever I'd like. That's really useful. With Izanami, once her health gets really low, I have to flee from battle (though she has pretty high defense an doesn't take too much damage), but not so much with Ume-Chan. The thing I mainly have to look out for is her MP, but so far her magic doesn't use up too much of it, so I don't have to worry about that much.  I still prefer my warrior overall.

Also, I had forgotten what a beautifully designed game Aion was. The scenery is just so nice, and so are the character designs. Honestly, making a character is enjoyable in itself. There are so many things you can do to tweak your character's appearance and make them unique from others. There's an array of hairstyles, tattoos, markings, faces, and color selections to choose from! ^.^ In my opinion, it is soooo much better than building a character in WoW (yes, I played WoW for a bit on behalf of my hubby's request. Didn't care for it much, so I never got past level 6). It just seemed so... limited with the choices it provided, and everyone looked pretty much the same to me. @_@

Here are a few screen shots I took of  each of my characters (they're both still so low-leveled... ^^;):


Izanami no Mikoto, my warrior

That's my brother's character right behind me. He has a harlequin costume  on. xD






My priest, Ume-Chan




Changed her armor. ^.^

Hehe! I think she's so pretty!

That's about it! May Aion protect you... Lols!

No comments:

Post a Comment