Sunday, April 15, 2012

Venting...

It's been a couple of days since my husband's friends have arrived here at our home, and while I do not mind their company in the least, I notice something about my husband every time they're around; his personality changes. I suppose it's like this for many people, but a lot of the time it seems he becomes slightly annoyed with me and a little more snappy. Sometimes I feel like I don't even exist, but I guess that's to be expected since he really doesn't see his friends all that often, but I still can't help but feel a little bothered by this. What really took the cake was that earlier, I just asked for a hug, and while he did give me what I wanted, he said afterward that he didn't want to show too much affection around company. -_- I didn't think a hug was all that much to ask for or was so inappropriate...

The odd thing is that this behavior comes and goes randomly throughout the day. One moment he is kind of cold toward me, the next he's all charming, but by then I'm already upset and can't bring myself to be all cute and loving. Sadly, I just can't act the way he expects me to whenever it's most convenient for him. I like how he is much better when it's just the two of us, when he's pretty much always sweet to me and tells me things like how much he misses me after a long day of work and that seeing me makes him feel so much happier. Of course, I would never forbid his friends from coming over and staying even though I feel this way. Like I said before in a previous post, I like that they care enough about him to come and visit, especially when some of them come over from different countries just to spend time with him. That kind of friendship is really hard to come by, and I would never want to ruin that. The only thing I can do is just stick it out and try not to lose my temper. It's not like this will last forever.

Honestly, I already feel better just being able to get this all off my chest. It feels good to be able to say exactly what's on my mind, especially during the times when I can't really talk it out with anyone. *Sigh* I must seem so pathetic... haha. Oh well. :P I'm off to go do my own thing now and kill some time! Sims 2, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment