Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Liquid eyeliner vs. Gel Liner

First off, I will say that this comparison between the two different eyeliners is solely based on my own opinion and which I feel had worked best for me. :) I'm not saying that one is ultimately better than the other or anything of the sort. Now with that out of the way, lets start! ^_^

I've always been someone who has struggled with using liquid liner. I could never quite use the brush correctly, and every time I tried using it, it just landed up looking like a complete disaster. Eventually, I just had given up using it altogether and stuck with crayon liners, even though I didn't like using those much either, since the ones I've used never really stayed in place and always smudged and smeared on me. Even so, they were easy for me to use. Then, I discovered pen liquid liners, and I became enthusiastic about that and purchased the Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner Pen!



I loved it as soon as I tried it. It was just as easy as using a crayon liner AND it had the kind of staying power that I had been wanting. The lines also came out smooth, crisp, and bold; the way I always try to make my liner look as much as possible. It also made it easier for me to reach closer to the inner corner of my eyes, which I usually can't get to without messing up and smearing the liner onto my lid. I was extremely happy with it. ^_^ The only thing was that after awhile, I noticed that the pen had a tendency to dry out quickly, so I had to work fast. I also didn't quite like that I couldn't see how much product I had or how much was remaining. I like knowing how much I have to work with so I can easily tell when it's time to get more before I completely run out of it (I seriously do not like having a deficiency of eyeliner... I'm a bit of a freak with it and MUST have a good supply of it around). 

I landed up using the last bit of my Dolly Wink liner yesterday (or at least I think so...? It at least had enough in it to where I was able to do both eyes and complete my makeup), and so I went out to shop for more eyeliner. While they don't carry the Dolly Wink brand at any of the stores in my area, they did have other brands of liquid eyeliner pens in stock. Instead of picking up another liquid liner pen though, I decided to go with the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner.





At first, I was a little intimidated by the brush, since it just reminded me of how badly I failed with the liquid liner brushes in the past. I was also kind of disappointed in seeing how small the container of eyeliner was. To my surprise, the application was really simple, as it just glided right on and didn't tug at my lids at all, and  only a small amount of product was used to complete both eyes! The brush was also small enough to get closer to the inner corner of my eyes too, so there was no hassle with it, just like the liquid eyeliner pen. Another thing that I liked about it was that it literally only took me seconds to finish applying it to both eyes due to how easy the application was, which I'm not really used to since I'm very OCD with the way my eyeliner turns out. I had no problem making thick lines or thin lines. It really cut down my primping time tremendously! I'm also happy that it also still is pretty bold just like the liquid liner, and it still hasn't smudged on me even though it's been hours since I did my makeup, though it may have helped that I set it with a little bit of black eye shadow. So far, there are no cons about this product that I can come up with.


For me, it's definitely clear that the winner here is gel liner! I've become an instant fan of it. ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment