Friday, April 27, 2012

Dogs and "Dogs"

While I was walking to the store, I saw this really adorable golden retriever being walked with it's owner. ^.^ All of a sudden, he was running toward me, pulling the poor woman who was walking him along with him (I hope her arm isn't injured!). It was so cute though, because as soon as he made it to me, he was wagging his tail and very affectionate. x3 He was so sweet! The owner then said that she was sorry for him bothering me and that he had never had run up randomly to a stranger like that before, but of course I wasn't bothered at all! In fact, it kind of made my day. It's impossible to not be happy after an encounter like that, or at least that's how I feel. xD

However, as I continued on my way, I encountered "dogs". I'm not talking about the nice, furry kind this time around, I'm talking about the ones that are actually... men. I don't hate guys or anything like that, but I hate the guys that try to act cool with their friends while they're inside their car and stick their heads out of their windows and shout things at innocent women that are walking down the street going about their own business. Seriously, what do those guys gain from yelling out "HOT!!!" or "WOOO!" at us women? Do they earn cool points for doing stuff like that? Do they think that they're giving us a compliment or something...? If so, then I think they need to change their methods because I certainly don't appreciate it or find it to be flattering. In fact, I find it to be quite the opposite. Frankly, I don't care if anyone thinks I'm hot or not (aside from my husband. His opinion is the only one that matters to me). I didn't step outside of my house for their approval of my appearance. -_-; Though, I guess that sort of thing is harmless at the very least. No real damage is being done. It's just annoying at the very worst.

I think the reason why it bothers me so much though is because I honestly don't really like drawing attention to myself in public, good or bad. Most of the time, I like to think that I'm invisible. I know I'm not, but that's what I like to think. Whenever I happen to get attention, I immediately start getting really shy and embarrassed because I feel like my cover has been blown, and I feel the urge to run away and hide. v_v;  I've been like that since middle school due to constant bullying. I handle it a lot better than I used to, though. I'm actually able to look people in the eyes now and say "thank you" when people give me a compliment. I used to flat out deny them. :P

I have no idea how I went from talking about dogs, to guys, to being bullied in middle school. I'm sorry for jumping from topic to topic! ^^; I am a bit random like this, so it's kind of a normal thing for me. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment