Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Machida!

Ahh.... So this post is kind of overdue... ^^; I got into one of those moments where I started writing, but then got distracted by something else and completely forgot about the whole thing! @_@ Anyways,we went to go spend time with my husband's friend and his family over the weekend! ^_^ They met us up at Machida Station, and then they took us out to see the lovely city of Machida. I don't know why, but every time we visit new place out here, it feel like I've stumbled into some magical world. There's just always so much going on, something new to see or to try... It's incredible! Each place we've been to offers up something different. :)

Walking out of the train station!


Le wild cosplayer appears.... :O



Their main goal was to show us this one store called Animate, which as the name might imply, stocks just about anything and everything pertaining to anime, video games, and manga. xD I'm actually amazed with just how many stores they have out here that are dedicated to nothing but anime. Though, maybe it shouldn't come as such a surprise since even convenience stores carry things like mini figures, manga, and even what looks like hentai magazines. :P It seems like almost anywhere you go, you'll find something anime. 

But yeah, Animate.... It's pretty awesome! My husband and I were walking around staring in awe over various items and drooling over them! It was so packed with things in there, that it was actually kind of difficult to move around. ^^; 

This is pretty much what you see as soon as you walk in Animate. You can kind of see how much is in there already, sort of. It's a little hard to tell with Sena the floor map in the way, but yeah, my husband really likes her for some reason and wanted a picture of her.

We really had to control ourselves while we were there, since there were so many things that we wanted! xD  We landed up getting a few things that we really liked though. ^.^ We got:

A chie figure....





The September issue of Newtype Magazine....

I screamed in delight when I finally found this! I've been looking for Newtype all over since we arrived here in Japan! xD I was such a fan of Newtype USA and had always made a trip to Barnes & Noble every month just to get it up until it was discontinued. It was so disappointing... :(

A P4 Poster of Rise...




Annnd.... This fan.... -_-

I swear this isn't mine. =_=


After that, we went over to my husband's friend's house (I don't want to give out his name, so sorry that I keep referring to him as "my husband's friend"....). We spent the rest of our time just talking and playing with their adorable son. :3 He really is a funny kid and made us laugh the entire time. xD He even made my husband wear this mask in the picture below:


We also landed up eating dinner over there, all prepared by said friend's wife. :D It was really delicious (we had rice, vegetables, and what seemed to be pork fried in a sweet sauce with sesame seeds, along with a couple of other dishes that I'm not very familiar with... all I know is all of it tasted amazing!) and we tried to practice our Japanese etiquette while sitting at the table. ^^; For dessert, we had the peach roll that we had bought from Cozy Corner! <3 Never in my life had I bought a cake with such fresh tasting fruit! :O  I also liked how it wasn't overwhelmingly sweet, and how fluffy it was. I was really impressed! I'll definitely be going back to try out other things from them in the future. ^.^ If any of you are visiting Japan or are planning to, keep an eye out for this place! :D

*Ahem* Now that I've finished raving about Cozy Corner, back to our little adventure... There actually wasn't much to it after that, but we didn't land up leaving until 9 pm, and didn't make it back home until 1 am. O.O We accidentally had landed up getting on the wrong train, and had to take another one back... ._. We're still trying to get used to the whole train system out here, but we're slowly learning. Lols! It's a good thing I don't mind getting lost at all, because I'm sure we'll land up getting lost again on our next big trip. xD It makes it more fun, in a way. ^.^

So yeah! That pretty much sums it all up! :3 Everyday here so far has just been truly wonderful, and I'm really loving it! My husband is too! We're really considering permanently living here already. Lols! Anyways, see you guys in my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment