Monday, July 2, 2012

What Do I Do....?


I've been stressing out for hours now all because of a dream I had a few nights before, and now here I am typing out a blog post at 2 am, unable to sleep. It seems to have been a prophetic dream... You know, one of those dreams that pretty much land up actually occurring in reality. Normally, I don't make such a big deal over these, as the ones I usually get tend to be trivial and don't have any positive or negative effects on my life, but this time, it's different. This time, my marriage could be at risk.

In my dream, my husband was playing WoW (which really isn't so out of the ordinary to begin with, since he plays often) and he was talking to someone on there. I could see the username, and in my dream, I had asked who that was, and he had told me that it was someone he had met the day before while playing. He said that he didn't plan on getting to know this person or asking them personal questions about themselves and that he just likes having friends in the games he plays. Sure enough, today (well, I guess technically it would be yesterday now...) I saw that same exact username on his screen while he was playing WoW, and when I asked him about it, he said the exact same thing that he said in the dream. Now of course, this alone isn't even that big of a deal, but I promise that it gets worse.

Fast forward a few days (or weeks, or even months maybe...?) in the dream, and all my husband wants to do is play WoW all the time and talk to this person. He lands up forming a bond with them, and then finding out that this person is a girl. He starts talking about how awesome he thinks she is, and flirting with her online all the time, and eventually he tells me that he thinks he has feelings for her. The very thought of this happening is devastating to me, and I have no idea what to do. On one hand, I can bring this up to him and try to prevent it (which I want to do), but on the other... I wonder if this is going to really land up happening, if I should just let it be. If this is what's going to happen, would it be wrong if I try to fight against it for my own happiness and possibly preventing my husband from being with someone who could make him even happier than I could ever dream of making him as a result? Would it be selfish of me to do anything but stand idly by and watch everything as it unfolds? Do I just leave? Or do I just try to stay calm and hope that the rest of my dream doesn't come true?

I'm nervous about what may happen if I bring this up to my husband... I want to trust him and I want to believe that our relationship is strong enough to overcome anything, but this is just too much of a coincidence so far. Then again, it could very well be just that... mere coincidences. Ugh... A few days ago, I wouldn't have even given that dream a second thought, and now it's driving me insane! I don't know what to do.... I feel so conflicted and I can't get it out of my head. *sigh* Maybe I should just gather up all of my courage and talk to him about this, and then see what he does... I'm crossing my fingers and hoping everything will turn out alright. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment