Friday, July 6, 2012

My 4th of July!

WARNING:  This post will contain an overload of pictures!


My husband and I had spent a lovely 4th of July with my mother and her boyfriend this year! ^_^ We actually had went over to their place on the 3rd and stayed over, since we also wanted to celebrate my mother's birthday (which was really on the 1st). It was so nice being able to spend more time with her, and also... I got to see my little monster, Lady! Seeing her just makes me miss having a dog so badly! 

Isn't she just so cute?!

Another great thing about staying with my mom is the food! I swear, if anyone out there is a better cook than me (my cooking is the one thing I'm cocky about! xD), it's her. She prepared a huge, juicy steak with a baked potato and some asparagus cooked with onions on the side (I absolutely hate asparagus and I usually just feed it to the puppy in the picture above, but the way my mom had prepared them was delicious!). I couldn't even eat everything because the steak itself took up nearly the entire plate and the potato was pretty big, too!



Following dinner, was shortcake for dessert!


Afterward, my mom decided to open her birthday present that we had bought her!






As you can see, we picked out a very pretty glass teapot along with a canister of a variety of blooming teas for her, and she loved it! As soon as she saw it, she wanted to use it right away! Lols! It was funny too, because all of us were just sitting there around the teapot with our gazes fixed on it as we waited for the flower to bloom. xD Oh! On a slightly random note, I had also learned that giving away a teapot as a gift brings good luck to the person receiving it! Isn't that interesting? :D I hadn't any idea of that before my mother had told me so.


The next day (the 4th), we had to get up early to catch the 4th of July parade! For a small town, I thought the parade was very well put together! Some of the floats were outstanding! I had so much fun watching it!










Amazingly, the parade lasted for 2 hours! I never expected it to be so long! Lols! Still, it didn't really bother me so much, the only thing I regret is that I didn't put on sunblock... TT_TT Now my shoulders and the upper part of my chest are sunburned.... 

I was pretty hungry after the parade was over, and I decided that it's not really the 4th of July if we didn't eat hot dogs, so we spent quite awhile walking around trying to find a place that sold some. My mother and Rick said that there was one place in the area where the farmer's market is held all the time, but that it was always closed every time they passed by it. We figured we'd go to see if it was open or not, and by some miracle, it was open for business! :D Lucky, right?!

I thought the sign was adorable... ^^;


Once it was finished, we went to the car show where we were able to see some of the cars that were in the parade!




Unfortunately, the phone died and we weren't able to take more pictures.... :( There were so many cool, old cars! 

The day was finished off with a movie (we went to see the new Spider-Man movie in 3D! I was pleasantly surprised with how good it turned out to be! Definitely worth the watch!) followed by fireworks. ^_^ I have to say, I think that this was one of the best 4th of July celebrations I've ever had. :3 


No comments:

Post a Comment