Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Anniversary~!

Today marks the day of mine and my husband's one year anniversary! ^.^ I can't believe it's been exactly a year now since we've gotten married. :3 It seems to have went by so fast! Oddly enough, he and I don't really want to do anything today to celebrate. We both actually almost forgot that our anniversary was today. If it weren't for people bombarding us with "Happy Anniversary!" messages, we probably would have never thought of it. It's not that we don't want to celebrate it, it's just that it's kind of an inconvenient time for us at the moment. Everything has just been so busy for us, especially with the seemingly never ending stream of people that keep coming to visit us (yes, we're still getting visitors left and right, almost to the point where it seems like we don't get much time to ourselves to just sit back and relax). Also, it kind of doesn't help now that we've sold our car, so we can't just go off somewhere at our own convenience anymore. :P

It doesn't really bother me though, staying at home and resting. It may not be the most exciting way to spend our anniversary, but it's alright. It kind of makes me feel bad though when people get all shocked over us not doing anything and fuss over it. Someone even said that the honeymoon phase must be over for us, which doesn't help make me feel better at all. It actually makes me more paranoid than anything else... I dread the idea of the spark of our romance fizzling out. Sounds so.... miserable, boring, and blah. I know people say it's normal for that to happen over the years of being married, but really, I don't think I can accept or be satisfied with such mediocrity. Honestly, I do everything in my power to avoid that sort of thing, so hearing that really just irks me and puts such a bad taste in my mouth. It completely sours my mood. Ugh... Curse my semi-easily influenced mind...making me stress over what other people say. It would be wise for me to just follow the caterpillar's advice:



Easier said than done, but I should try harder to not let what other's say get to my head so much. Getting upset over things like this does more harm than good, anyways, especially since people will always say what they want without knowing what it is that they're even talking about. I need to just brush it off and move on! *nods* I won't let anyone else ruin the rest of my day, that's for certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment