Friday, June 15, 2012

Excited For 2 Games Coming Out!

There are plenty of pretty awesome games that have come out  and will be coming up this year, such as Lollipop Chainsaw (which I think might be interesting to try out), Tomb Raider, Dead or Alive 5, etc.... But really, there are two games that I am really really looking forward to and definitely want: Persona 4 Arena and Animal Crossing 3DS.




For the past couple of years or so, I discovered the Persona series for the first time and instantly loved it! I loved the characters, the stories, and I really liked the social link system that was added in the 3rd and 4th installments of the game. When I found out about Persona 4 Arena was coming out, I literally screamed like a fangirl! Watching the teasers and trailers for it, I couldn't help it~! The whole game just looks beautiful, the characters maintain their anime profile images, but look more sharp, and their movements and attacks look so smooth and fluid! You can really tell that Arc System (makers of Guilty Gear, one of my most favorite fighting games!) was behind the animation of this game (For those of you who don't know, Atlus and Arc System teamed up to make P4 Arena). Another thing I really like about this game is that your choices aren't just limited to the P4 characters; they have included characters from P3 and other games (I think... Some of the characters I'm not too familiar with) as well! Each character has a combination of regular attacks and attacks using their personas, as well as a special. Another nice touch is that they implemented the use of status ailments! How cool is that? In my opinion, this game seems to be very promising! 






Yes, Animal Crossing may not be the most exciting or most action packed game around, but I've been a fan ever since it has been released for the Gamecube and have bought every single other Animal Crossing that has come out since then. I've always loved the charming and slow paced nature of it, the quirky animals, and being able to expand your house and decorate it any way you'd like. All of the AC games have pretty much kept the same formula, only adding a few new aspects to each new game... that is, up until now. Not only are you now able to do things such as swim and sit on tree stumps and benches (and I'm sure there's other things that have been changed too), but this time around, instead of mainly focusing on paying off all of your house debt to Tom Nook (and possibly getting the highest score possible from the HRA), you will now get to be the mayor of your town! With this new objective, I'm really interested in how this game turns out and if it really will have a noticeable difference in game play compared to the previous AC games. Can't wait to find out!


I'll be keeping an eye out for both of these! Persona 4 Arena is scheduled to be released on August 7th, and Animal Crossing 3DS is still to be announced. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long! Lols!

No comments:

Post a Comment