Thursday, May 31, 2012

An Amazingly Random Adventure!

Yesterday, as soon as I woke up, my brother asked me which places there were to eat at near by, and from the top of my head, I listed off all of the places that I could think of. He ended up choosing Carl's Jr., which was a good walk downhill from where we lived, so I quickly got myself dressed and decent enough to go out in public, and we went on our way. After we had finished eating, we thought it would be nice to go down to Cannery Row (a pretty big tourist area) and just walk around for a bit, since Carl's Jr. is SUPER close to that area. The whole day landed up turning into an epic adventure as we stopped by the Monterey Bay Aquarium, The Mirror Maze, the beach, walked around some stores, and then lastly stopped at Ghirardelli for some sundaes. xD It was pretty awesome! We have a ton of neat pictures that we took from our little outing. :3

I swear this shark was posing for the cameras...

Petting the rays!

Isn't he cute?!

Otters!

The Jellyfish Experience HAS to be one of my most favorite sections of the aquarium!

There's so many of them!



Probably one of the most fascinating creatures I've seen in the aquarium: the leafy seadragon 

The Finding Nemo cast! We did find Nemo in there, but he swam into a hole... :(

PENGUINS~!!!!

This shop was entirely dedicated to otters. Everything they sold had some sort of an otter pun. xD

Hairy Otter wall!

Inside the Mirror Maze

Inside the Laser Maze....

At the beach!

There really are a ton of different beaches here in Monterey.... I've been to about four so far.

You can see me enjoying my brownie sundae.... xD With as bad as I've been eating this whole week, I'm amazed I've only gained back one pound.


We had so much fun! Seeing all of the different types of sea life is so incredible, and even though I've been to the aquarium a couple of times before, I still become so fascinated seeing all of the different creatures there. I was so happy that I've finally been able to go to the Mirror Maze, too! I've always wanted to try it out because one of my friends had said such good things about it before. It really is challenging with the kaleidoscope glasses they give you (it really messes with your vision, making it look like there's four of everything). My brother and I managed to make it out still, though. At one point, we both decided to try going through it at opposite ends at once (I went through the exit, he took the main entrance) and we met somewhere at the middle, and he shouted "Desirae, where are you?!" even though I was standing right in front of him! He thought that he was looking at a reflection of me. The laser maze was pretty intense, too. The objective of that one was to hit the two buttons in the room while trying to avoid touching the lasers. There's also different difficulty settings you can choose from. I tried it both on easy and medium, and oddly enough, I did so much better on medium than on easy. O.O

 The worst part of our little excursion was definitely the walk back to the house... Nothing but uphill.... @_@ Still, it was well worth it. :D It was a shame that my hubby couldn't join us (he was at work), but I brought him back a Toll House Button Brownie (a frosted brownie with a Toll House cookie on top of it) to enjoy. :) I think he and I will have to do these things together before we have to leave Monterey. I'm sure he'd really like it. ^_^ I can definitely imagine him getting mad at the laser maze... It makes me crack up thinking about it! Lols!

No comments:

Post a Comment