Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekend Date~!

The weather out here this weekend was so gorgeous, and I've been enjoying every moment of it! It's usually so cold where we live, so warm days are somewhat of a rarity, and so I thought it would be the perfect for my husband and I to take a trip to the beach! Needless to say, so many other people had the same idea, and it took us awhile to find a parking spot, but in the end, it was all worth it!



Just look at that view! It was so pretty, I practically begged my husband to snap a picture of it just so I could post it here! Lols! I really enjoyed my time there. The whole time we were there, I was busy splashing around in the water (which was pretty cold, but I was able to adjust to the temperature quickly) and  running around having fun like a kid! It was a refreshing change of pace when most of the time I'm just at home cleaning and doing chores. Also, so many dogs ran up to me while I was there. xD It seems like no matter where I go, dogs just make a beeline for me. I really have no idea why, but I really love it! Every time it happens, it just makes me want pet dogs even more!


After the beach, we headed to Taco Bell for some Doritos Locos tacos (which are SO amazing!). We were starving, and it hit the spot just right. ^.^ Then after we finished our meal, I spotted a crepe place called the Monterey Crepe Company, which was right next to Taco Bell. It's funny, the whole time we've lived here and despite how many times we've been down that very street, I've never once noticed it before until then. We decided to take a look inside and it was kind of small, with not very many tables or people inside, but their menu was huge and had quite a selection of sweet and savory crepes(they also had muffins, cookies, sandwiches, coffee, and other beverages for sale). Given my huge sweet tooth, I of course chose something off the "sweet" menu.  I chose one called "Papa Johnny", which contained Nutella, bananas, coconut, and almonds and was topped off with whipped cream and confectioners sugar. I wasn't too sure how those ingredients would taste blended together at first, but once I had my first bite, I definitely did not regret my decision!




Doesn't it look delicious? Looking at it makes me want another one~! Too bad I have to be good until next weekend! Lols!


It really is a shame that the weekend is now coming to an end. It just seems like it passed by so quickly, but I suppose that's what happens when you're having fun with the one you love. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment