Sunday, June 3, 2012

SHENANIGANS!!!!!

I am so very disappointed.... I feel as if my soul has been desecrated and thrown into eternal darkness....Why? Because of Toonami... I loved Toonami back in the day... It had great shows and lots of kid-friendly anime (or at the very least, cleaned up versions of certain series) such as Dragon Ball, DBZ, Cardcaptors, Hamtaro, Rurouni Kenshin, Yuyu Hakusho, and much more. I even remember waking up early in the mornings before school to catch episodes of Hamtaro. It was fan-freaking-tastic! :D Once Toonami had been discontinued, it felt like my childhood memories had been crushed.... Ever since then, I had been hoping it would return to Cartoon Network again.

Fast forward some years later, and Adult Swim announces that Toonami is being revived! I was a little skeptical as to why Adult Swim was the one to bring it back and not Cartoon Network, but I didn't care. I was so excited over it and I almost couldn't believe it! It just seemed too good to be true... and alas, it was. What has been "brought back" isn't the Toonami I used to know and love.... It's more like the old Adult Swim, you know, back when it mostly  consisted of anime targeted at a more mature audience with shows like Cowboy Bebop, FMA, etc. (even then, it's still not quite as good as the old lineup it had since shows like Inuyasha, Trigun, and Samurai Champloo haven't even been included) I think that's cool and all, but it's NOT Toonami. It's a farce! TT_TT Nice try, Adult Swim, but what you just did just doesn't cut it. Unless you somehow happen to bring Sailor Moon, Samurai Jack, Gundam Wing, Tenchi, and all of those other shows, and air them every morning and afternoon, you aren't worthy of the title Toonami. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment